The device I enrolled in Georgia Tech Two-Factor Authentication was lost/stolen. What do I do?
- If your phone is lost or stolen, you can set up a new device or phone number via Passport, but you will need to first login using a backup code, rescue code or trusted friend. You can also report your phone as lost or stolen in Passport. Doing this ensures that your GT account cannot be accessed using the device that was lost or stolen.
- Use one of the Generated 10 back up codes
- Use one of your backup devices or phone numbers.
- Ask for help to your Trusted person for rescue code
- Ask for help to any of GT staff or faculty member for rescue code
- Call OIT at 404-894-7173 Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm.
- OIT does not send a rescue, activation, re-activation, or backup codes via email, since email is generally insecure.
- Generating a rescue code will invalidate any current Duo passcodes for your account, including backup codes they might have previously printed.
- You can use a rescue code to log in with Duo for 24 hours and the rescue code is reusable for 24 hours.