Georgia Tech in coordination with Microsoft is offering Office 365 Pro Plus to active students for free through Office 365.
**You DO NOT need a product key to activate Office 365 Pro Plus. You can activate your Office 365 Pro Plus installation by logging into the application with your GT Account (firstname.lastname@example.org) and GT Account password.
(Faculty and Staff can utilize Microsoft Office 2016 Professional through our Microsoft Campus Agreement. Please contact your department's technical support or the OIT Technology Support Center for more details.)
How do I install Office 365 Pro Plus?
Browse to http://portal.office.com and log in using your GT Account and GT Account password.
Once logged in:
- Select "Install Office"
- Select "Office 365 Apps"
3. Select "Save File"
4. Once you locate the file, click to run the installation. (Install will run and complete in the background while making the apps available.
Experiencing an issue downloading or installing Office 365 Pro Plus?
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet and that your computer does not shutdown or hibernate during the installation.
- General Troubleshooting for Office 365 Pro Plus installation: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2822317
- When you are installing, you receive a "Something Went Wrong?" error message: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2827031
- Visual features or video quality may differ from one computer to another in Office 2016: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2768648
What is included with Office 365 Pro Plus?
- Office 365 Pro Plus for PC (Office 2016 Pro Plus base applications)
- Office 365 Pro Plus for Mac (Office 2016 for Mac base applications)
- Office Mobile for iPhone
- Office Mobile for Android
How many machines/devices can I install Office 365 Pro Plus on?
Each student can run Office on up to five machines (Mac or PC). You can also run Office Mobile for Android or Office Mobile for iPhone on up to 5 mobile devices.
Is this a full version Office and available for offline use?
Yes, this is full Office on the PC, Mac, iPhone, and Android platform and all are available for offline use.
What applications come with Office 365 Pro Plus for PC? -
-To Be Updated
What comes with Office 365 Pro Plus for Mac?
-To Be Updated
What comes with Office Mobile for iOS?
What comes with Office Mobile for Android?
What are the PC requirements for Office 365 Pro Plus?
- OS - Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2008 R2
- Processor - 1 GHZ or faster x86 or 64-bit processor with SSE2 instruction set. (32-bit Office can be installed on 32-bit or 64-bit operating systems and 64-bit Office can only be installed on 64-bit operating systems.)
- Memory - 2 GB RAM
- Disk space - 3.0 GB of available disk space
- Display - 1024 x 768 screen resolution
What are the Mac requirements for Office 365 Pro Plus?
- OS - Mac OS X version 10.10 or later.
- Processor - Intel processor.
- Memory - 4 GB RAM
- 6 GB of available hard disk space. HFS+ hard disk format (also known as Mac OS Extended or HFS Plus).
- Display - 1280 x 800 screen resolution
What are the iPhone requirements for Office Mobile for iOS?
Office for iPad® and iPhone® requires iOS 10.0 or later. Office for iPad Pro™ requires iOS 10.0 or later. Office is supported on the two most recent versions of iOS. When a new version of iOS is released, Office’s Operating System requirement becomes the then-current two most recent versions: the new version of iOS and the previous version.
What are the Android requirements for Office Mobile for Android?
Office for Android™ can be installed on tablets and phones that meet the following criteria: running any of the last 4 major versions of Android and have an ARM-based or Intel x86 processor. Support for KitKat devices will continue until June 2019.
Do I need a login to use any of these applications with Office 365 Pro Plus?
Yes, students will need to log in with their GTAccount@gatech.edu to activate their devices.
What happens when I'm no longer a student or graduate from Tech?
Once you are no longer a student or graduate from Tech, you will need to purchase a license or subscription directly from Microsoft to continue to use the programs on your devices, or you can uninstall them at that time.