In order to virtually mount ".iso" files in the windows Operating System, you will need to install an extra piece of software on your computer. There are many software packages out there, however for the purpose of this FAQ, we will look at the freely available Virtual CloneDrive package made by SlySoft. Download the latest package from HERE and install it.
***NOTE: The "Virtual CloneDrive" software is NOT supported by OIT. These installation instructions are provided as a convenience only!
- Double click on the setup file, once downloaded, and begin the installation.... Select the "YES" button if appropriate:
- Click the "I Agree" button and then the "Next"button on the following screen. Notice the assoication with ".iso" files is checked by default:
- Click on the "Install" button on the following screen, and then click on the "Install" button again on the "Windows Security" window, when it pops up:
- Once installation is complete, click on the "Close" Button. Now, under "My Computer or Computer", you should see your new virtual drive:
- Next, Navigate to the location that contains your ".iso" file and RIGHT click on it. Select "Open With" --> "Mount Files with Virtual CloneDrive"
- If you go back to "My Computer or Computer" you will now see your software mounted with the Virtual CloneDrive.
- Initiatiate the installation as you would a real software disc.