Outlook Web App (OWA)
Searching in OWA is similar to Instant Search in Outlook 2016. (A good article on how to search using OWA is here)
To access Web Search simply click inside the Search Box above the mail box.
Note: At this time, there is no OWA equivalent to the Advanced Find function in Outlook 2016. However, there will soon be "Search Refiners" that will allow easier and more refined results from the Search Box.
Basic Search (also called Instant Search) can be completed using the Search Box above the list of messages
There is an Advanced Find function that is accessible once you have clicked in the Search Box.To do this:
- Click in the Search Box
- On the Search tab, click Search Tools
- Then click Advanced Find. The Advanced Find dialog box opens.
Optionally, you can pin this to the Quick Access Toolbar, which is located along the top bar of the Outlook2013 window. To Pin it, simply Right-Click on the Advanced Find item under Search Tools and select "Add to Quick Access Toolbar."
- In this box, you can specify much more complex criteria and even search in your calendar, contacts list, notes, and tasks.
- Below are some online resources about Search Options in Outlook 2016
- Learn to narrow your search criteria for better searches in Outlook (Applies To: Outlook 2016 Outlook 2013 Outlook 2010 Outlook 2007)