This FAQ was last modified on: Monday, July 16, 2018 03:59pm
- Download TurningPoint 8 to your laptop at https://www.turningtechnologies.com/downloads (choose one of the three files: TurningPoint Mac, TurningPoint PC Install, or TurningPoint PC No Install). It will be pre-installed on podium computers in most classrooms.
- Decide whether you want to allow mobile devices in your classroom.
- If yes, then the use of Turning Point will be free for your students – they will respond to your in-class polls using their mobile devices.
- If no, your students will still need to purchase a clicker device online or at the Georgia Tech bookstore.
- If you want your students to use clicker devices, prepare your receiver:
- Receivers will be pre-installed on podium computers in most classrooms.
- If you already have a receiver that is WHITE in color, you will need to upgrade it for use with TurningPoint 8. You will be prompted to upgrade it once you plug it in to a computer and open the TurningPoint 8 software. Once it is upgraded, it can no longer be used with TurningPoint 5.
- If you have an older version of the receiver that is GREY in color, it cannot be used with TurningPoint 8. If so please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.