A Dropbox team folder is a powerful tool for sharing with your team. With team folders you can:
- Automatically sync content in team folders to all group members
- Choose to share individual files or folders inside a team folder
Team folders are shared via Dropbox groups and are the hub of content for the team.
Can we promote an existing folder to a team folder?
No. You cannot promote an existing shared folder to a team folder. A new team folder must be created and then the contents of the shared folder can be dragged to it.
Can I restrict access to a folder inside a team folder?
Access to folders inside team folders can be granted to new people. However, access can't be taken away from people who are members of higher-level folders. If you have access to a folder, you have access to all folders inside it. If you don't want certain people to access a folder inside a team folder, you can:
- Move the folder to a higher level of the team folder
- Create a new shared folder and only grant the relevant people access
Can I move the Team Folder to a different place so it isn't in the root of my Dropbox?
Team folders cannot be moved.
Can I move an existing shared folder into a team folder?
If you're the owner of a shared folder, you can move that shared folder into a team folder by:
- Dragging the shared folder into the team folder from your desktop
- Moving the folder on dropbox.gatech.edu
You must be the owner of the shared folder to make this change.
Why did my team folder automatically sync to my computer?
After a team folder is added to your account, that folder automatically syncs to any of your connected devices. You can use selective sync to prevent folders from syncing to your devices using the following method:
- Open your work Dropbox folder on your computer.
- Click the Dropbox icon from the system tray.
- Click the folder icon.
- Choose Open [Your team name] folder.
- Locate the content that you want to make online-only.
- Right-click the file or folder.
- Choose Smart sync.
- Choose Online-only.