Using 2 Factor Authentication with VPN - iOS
Note: Duo Two-Factor Authentication is only compatible with the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. It is not compatible with the Cisco IPSec client that is included with iOS.
If you are set up for Duo Two-Factor Authentication, here is how to use it with the AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client for iOS:
1. Download the Cisco AnyConnect App from the App Store.
2. Once in the app, select Connections > Add VPN Connection
3. Enter a description and the following server address: anyc.vpn.gatech.edu, then select save
4. Press the "AnyConnect VPN" toggle button to activate VPN connection
5. The following Authentication screen will appear, select "gatech-2fa-Duo" in "group" and enter your GT credentials. In the "Second Password" text entry, please enter one of the following (without the quotes) :
- The code generated by the Duo Mobile app. This is the code that you get by hitting the "key" on the upper right side of the app.
- "phone", "phone2", "phone3"....... "phoneN".
- Note: There is no "phone1" since "phone" and "phone1" both reference the first phone number you entered into the system. The phone number list is directly related to the order in which you setup your various phones in the Duo system. "phone" will call your 1st phone (likely your cell) and "phone2" will call your office or which ever secondary phone number you entered at the time your Duo Account was configured etc.
6. After confirming the sign in on duo, the following screen will appear to signify that you are connected to VPN. "VPN" will display in the top left corner of your screen next to your cellular and WiFi connection widgets.