The OIT Passport web server (Personal Account Self Service Portal) is where most users (those who have a current affiliation with Ga Tech) activate their GT account, create or change their password, set or change their Hints, add other data, such as their cell number or personal email address to their PassPort profile, and many other account management functions. To activate your GT Account, follow the steps below:
You will see the screen below.
Click on the "I need to setup my GT account" link in the Help section.
Click on the appropriate link. (i.e., Student, Employee, Alumni, etc.)
Enter your Last Name
Then, please enter your Birthdate OR GTid number.
- Next, click on the "Lookup" button.
You should now see a box with your name pop up next to the form you just filled out.
- Please select the button that says "This is Me" and your GT Account Username and your name, should be displayed on the next page.
- To confirm your ownership of this GT account you will have to choose from one of three (3) options:
- - A Call or a Text to the phone number that we have on file for you.
- - An email communication using the email that we have on file for you.
- - Clicking on the "Answer questions instead" button if you do not recognize the phone and email info that we have on file for you.
Step 5 continued
As an example, if you choose "Text This Number" you will be sent a text, with a PIN number that you will need to enter on the following screen in the "Pin Number" box. Once you enter the PIN click on the "Submit PIN" button.
Here is another example. If you choose the "Email This Address" you will be sent an email, with a PIN number that you will need to enter on the following screen in the "Pin Number" box. Once you enter the PIN click on the "Submit PIN" button.
Choosing the "Answer questions instead" option will take you to a screen with a question for you to answer. Here is an example in the image below.
If you are successful please proceed to Step 10 and continue. If you are unsuccessful with confirming your account you will be presented with the following screen and options:
Click on the "Restart the vetting process now" button.
Click on the link at the bottom of the screen to submit a Photo ID for vetting purposes.
If you click on the "Go to the photo submission form" you will be presented with the following screen.
Once you are successful with whichever of the confirmation options you choose, you will be taken to the next page, that ask you to set and confirm a password for your account.
After successfully setting a password, you will be asked to setup a few hints, which consists of a question and a corresponding answer. Once you are finished, click on the "Set Hints" button toward the bottom of the page.
NOTE: You can also enter you own hint question and an answer.
- That's it!!!!!! Your activation should be complete and you should be presented withe the following screen.