Duo Mobile on BlackBerry
NOTE: You can reactivate a device or setup a replacement device by using the Passport Self-Service page: http://faq.oit.gatech.edu/content/how-do-i-reset-duo-2fa-new-device-passport-self-service
Please also be aware that even if you have the SAME phone number, but you are switiching phones Operating Systems (moving from iOS-Apple to Android or vice versa) you will still need to click on the "ADD ANOTHER PHONE" link in passport self service window.
Doing this will require you to Authenticate via 2 Factor before you can select the NEW software platform , for activation purposes to add your new device.
Activating Duo Mobile
Duo Mobile has to be activated to link it to your account. During the setup process you'll get a text message or email with a link in it. Just tap the link to begin the activation process.
Some BlackBerry models may require you to restart your phone before the activation link will work. If the link appears as plain text and can't be tapped, reboot your phone and try again.
- Once you receive your text message or email from your Duo Admin, click on the link to begin enrolling your mobile device. It should be under the first message containing "To install the Duo Mobile App, ...........".
- Once you click on the first link you will be forwarded to the screens below. Click on the "Download" button on the top right to begin. Click all other appropriate buttons to install the software.
- Once you finish installing the app, launch the Duo Mobile application. Click on the "Accept" button for the Duo License agreement.
- The DUO app should now be installed, and clicking the "Add Account" button will then take you to a screen that ask you to scan a barcode. Please DO NOT press the "Scan Barcde" button. Instead click on the "No Barcode" button a the bottom of the page.
- Next, please click on the DUO SECURITY icon. A menu asking for a key will show up. Now, go back to the initial MMS message that was sent to you and follow the instructons in the SECOND message, that tells you how to "Activate the DUO MOBILE App". Copy and paste the entire message as per the instructions. See the "Passcode" section below for more details.
- Paste the information into the "Key"textbox. Next, presss the "ENTER" key on your keyboard to complete the porcess. Your device should now be activated.
Duo Mobile supports third-party TOTP accounts, like Google and Dropbox. Learn more »
Some Info pulled from: http://guide.duosecurity.com/android
Duo Push is the easiest and quickest way of authenticating. You'll get a login request sent to your phone — just press Approve to authenticate.
If you get a login request that you weren't expecting, press Deny to reject the request. You’ll be given the ability to report it as fraudulent, or you can tap It was a mistake to deny the request without reporting it.
Just tap Generate Passcode to get a one-time passcode for login. This works anywhere, even in places where you don't have an internet connection or can't get cell service.