*This is for AnyConnect version 4.6 which Network Services is deploying the week of August 7th.
Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client install using Safari web browser:
1) Launch the Safari web browser from the Dock or Applications folder:
2) In the destination field, enter https://anyc.vpn.gatech.edu
3) In the "Group:" drop-down menu, click on the arrows to the right and select the "gatech-2fa-Duo", then enter your Username and Password:
4) After successful authentication, you see our login banner:
5) You will be presented with the following screen. Click on the Download for macOS link to download the software from the VPN appliance. You may also see the Automatic Provisioning option if you have Java installed. This option is unlikely to work, and we do not recommend using this method. You can also click on the Instructions link to view generic installation instructions, though we recommend that you continue to follow this FAQ for more specific installation instructions.
6) Run the installer from your Downloads folder:
7) Follow through with the installer's instructions:
8) You may see an Access Control warning, enter your credentials and click Install Software to continue install.
9) Click 'Close' to exit installer.
10) Launch the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client from your Applications folder:
11) In the Ready to Connect window, enter anyc.vpn.gatech.edu as the server name and click Connect:
12) Next, the credential pop-up will appear. In the "Group:" drop-down menu, click on the arrows to the right and select the "gatech-2fa-Duo".
Once you have selected gatech-2fa-Duo from the group pulldown, you should have three fields. Username, Password, and Second Password. Enter your GT Username in the Username field and GT password in the Password field. In the Second Password field, please enter one of the following (without the quotes), then click the "OK" button:
- The code generated by the Duo Mobile app. This is the code that you get by hitting the "key" on the upper right side of the app.
"phone", "phone2", "phone3"....... "phoneN".
Note: There is no "phone1" since "phone" and "phone1" both reference the first phone number you entered into the system. The phone number list is directly related to the order in which you setup your various phones in the Duo system. "phone" will call your 1st phone (likely your cell) and "phone2" will call your office or which ever secondary phone number you entered at the time your Duo Account was configured etc.
13) Click Accept on the welcome banner:
14) The AnyConnect icon will appear in the Status Menu at the top of your screen, as well as in the Dock:
15) Click on the icon to maximize the AnyConnect application. Click on the Graph icon in the lower left to view details.
16) To disconnect from the VPN, click Disconnect.