How do I install the Cisco AnyConnect Client on Windows 7?
This FAQ was last modified on: Thursday, August 18, 2016 03:08pm
For a complete description of this service and it's features, please click here.
1. Open a web browser and go to http://anyc.vpn.gatech.edu. This will redirect you to a login page.
2. Enter your username and password. This is the same username and password you use to log into http://buzzport.gatech.edu or http://techworks.gatech.edu.
3. Your next screen will be our Welcome banner. Click "Continue".
4. The client will now begin the installation process:
5. You may get a Security Warning from Java. Click "Run".
6. The installation continues .......
7. You may get a User Account Control window. Click "Yes".
8. Installation is now complete.
9. You can close your browser. The icon for the vpn client in the system tray at the lower right hand corner.
10.Double click on the icon to maximize the AnyConnect Application and view details.
11. To disconnect from the VPN, click on the "Connection" tab and click "Disconnect".
12. In the future, to run the AnyConnect Client click on: Start -> All Programs -> Cisco -> Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client -> Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client. It may also appear at the top of the Start window as a newly installed program.
13.In the Connect to: window, put anyc.vpn.gatech.edu and click "Select".
14. The group gatech will be auto populated. Enter your Username and Password and click "Connect".
15.You should see our Banner.
16.The AnyConnect icon will be minimized in the System Tray in the lower right-hand corner.
17. Double click on the icon to maximize the AnyConnect Application and view details.
18.To disconnect from the VPN, click the "Connection" tab and click "Disconnect".