1. Open a web browser and go to https://anyc.vpn.gatech.edu. This will redirect you to a login page.
*If you are connecting to our development server instead, https://dev.vpn.gatech.edu, you may get certificate warnings throughout the installation process.*
2. Enter your username and password. This is the same username and password you use to log into https://buzzport.gatech.edu or https://techworks.gatech.edu.
3. Your next screen will be our Welcome banner. Click "Continue".
4. The client will now begin the installation process. If you are using Internet Explorer, it will attempt to install using ActiveX. If this fails, it will then attempt to use Java. Most other browsers will install using Java. Please click here for tips if you have issues with the automatic install.
5. The ActiveX install may time out, and then the Java install will begin.
6. The installation continues .......
7. You may get a User Account Control window. Click "Yes".
8. Installation is now complete.
9. You can close your browser. The icon for the vpn client in the system tray at the lower right hand corner.
10.Click on the icon to maximize the AnyConnect Application. Click on the Gear icon in the lower left, or "Advanced" to view details.
11. To disconnect from the VPN, click "Disconnect".
12. In the future, to run the AnyConnect Client click on: Start -> All Programs -> Cisco -> Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client -> Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client. It may also appear at the top of the Start window as a newly installed program.
13.In the Connect to window, put: anyc.vpn.gatech.edu and click "Connect".
14. The group gatech will be auto populated. Enter your Username and Password and click "Ok".
15.You should see our Banner.
16.The AnyConnect icon will be minimized in the System Tray in the lower right-hand corner.
17. Click on the icon to maximize the AnyConnect Application. Click on the Gear icon in the lower left, or "Advanced" to view details.
18.To disconnect from the VPN, click "Disconnect".
19. With AnyConnect VPN client 3.x, by default it will automatically run upon startup of Windows.