OIT's Laptop Print service works much like printing does in any of the OIT computer labs with a print release station. There are only some minor exceptions. The instructions below illustrate how to go about using the mobile printing service.
- Log-in to LAWN, the campus wireless network. You must be on the campus network in order to use mobile printing. If not, you will need to be on the Georgia Tech VPN: http://faq.oit.gatech.edu/content/how-do-i-install-campus-vpn
- Open the document you wish to print.
- Print the document the typical way for the program that you are using (i.e. in Word, you would go to File » Print…)
- Select the appropriate Laptop OIT printer for the job from the drop down list. IF PRINTING IN COLOR, BE SURE TO CHOOSE DESIRED PRINTER FROM THE LIST.
- Once you have selected the printer, configure any options for your job by selecting Printer Properties. Options for finish/staple include: hole punch and staple for your print job.
- Print the document by clicking on the print button. A dialog box will pop up prompting you for GT Account username. Take care to enter this correctly as the system will not notify you of an invalid username entered.
- Go to a Print Release Station to release your print job.
Central-ps is a print service that does not deduct from your weekly allowance. This is ideal for larger print jobs like class notes and journal articles. There is a 1,200 page limit per semester for this service. Before you print to Central-ps, keep in mind:
- You must have printed prior to this on campus to be added to the database of authenticated users for Central-ps
- If you have not loggged onto a release stations after 3/20/15, your Central-ps will not print. BEFORE sending your first print job to Central-ps, you will need to log into one of the release stations and swipe your Buzzcard.
- You do NOT need to releas a Central-ps print out from a release station
- When you send your print job to Central-ps, you will need to enter your GT Username and GT Password in the dialog box.
Next, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to where you can verify your status and bind number of where your printout will be held: http://aries.oit.gatech.edu/central-ps/index.php