- OneDrive is a Microsoft consumer service that allows anyone to create an account to get free online storage space and access to the Office Web Apps.
- OneDrive is administered by Microsoft, and it’s usage is NOT covered under a state contract with Microsoft.
- If you have a personal OneDrive account, it can not be merged with your GT OneDrive for Business account.
OneDrive for Business:
- OneDrive for Business is a Microsoft Enterprise service that Georgia Tech faculty, staff, and students receive through Office 365 to get 1024 GBs of online storage space and access to the Office Web Apps.
- OneDrive for Business is administered by the Office of Information Technology at Georgia Tech, and it’s usage is covered under a state contract with Microsoft.
- GT faculty, staff, and students should use OneDrive for Business accessible through Office 365 for GT related documents.