What is Microsoft Teams?
Microsoft Teams is a chat and collaboration platform where all conversations, meetings, files, and notes can be accessed by team members in one place that is part of the Office 365 suite of services.
Microsoft Teams Features
- A chat-based workspace that's customizable to your team
- Built-in access to SharePoint, OneNote, OneDrive for Business and other Office 365 apps
- An Ongoing stream of a team, small group, and one-on-one conversations
- Create, edit and share files directly in the app
- Schedule and join meetings and video conferences
- Accessible via a desktop, web browser or mobile device
You can read more about teams in Microsoft's documentation found here.
Why should I use Microsoft Teams?
A chat-based workspace that combines instant messaging, voice, video, calling, and file-sharing, Microsoft Teams enables users to be more productive by using Office apps they’re familiar with – like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint, and more – right within the platform.
Chats are kept for easy searching, and the experience is customizable so that you can follow the discussion channels that interest you and hide those that do not. Teams will allow you to be more agile and spontaneous in your communication, including impromptu meetings with your group members, whereas groups are used more for occasional communication through conversations.
You can read more about at What is Microsoft Teams and why should I use it?
Where can I get information on how to use Microsoft Teams?
Microsoft provides extensive on-demand training videos on their website here.