The OIT Firewall Self Service page uses two factor authentication powered by Duo Security.
- The first step is to register the account that you use to access the OIT Firewall Self Service page with Duo. To do this, you may visit the Technology Support Center in Room 215 of the Clough Building with your Buzzcard and the phone you wish to register with Duo (if it is a mobile phone).
- Once you are enrolled, visit https://fw.noc.gatech.edu/beta to experience Duo.
- You will initially be presented with a familiar GT Login screen. Login using the GT Account and password of the account that you registered with Duo.
- You will be logged into the OIT Firewall Self Service application and can select a firewall to manage.
- Once you select a firewall and click on Edit, you will be taken to the Duo authentication page.
- Select the phone number you want Duo to contact you at and click Log In. If you select a landline you must select the “Phone call” option. You will receive an automated call from (404) 894-7173 asking you to confirm your login. Press 1 to confirm. If you selected a mobile phone, proceed to step eight, mobile phones and devices have additional options.
- You will then be automatically logged in and taken to the page of the firewall you chose to edit.
- If you select a mobile phone, you will have additional options
- When you registered your mobile phone with Duo, you should have downloaded the Duo app from your App Store. If you select "Duo Push", Duo will send a notification to your phone.
Once you tap "Approve", you will be logged in.
- If you select "Phone Call", you will receive a phone call from (404) 894-7173. Answer the call and Press 1 when prompted to be logged in.
- You may also generate a one time use code using the Duo Mobile app on your phone. Launch the application, touch the key icon (circled below) and enter the code displayed in the application in the "Passcode" box.
- Once you have selected and passed an authentication method, you will be automatically logged in and presented with the firewall you selected to edit.