Mac OS X has built-in support for the SMB/CIFS protocol, which can be used to access your Prism home directory. By mounting your home directory, you can interact with files there as though they were on your local computer.
- This service is only available to on-campus computers.
- You must know your GT Active Directory password in order to use this service. You can set or change this password at http://passport.gatech.edu/.
- You should not store any sensitive information in your Prism home directory. If you feel that it is necessary, you should consult your local support personnel first.
To mount your home directory:
- Switch to the Mac OS X Finder
- Choose "Connect to Server…" from the "Go" menu, or press K
smb://prism.nas.gatech.edu/~gtaccountas the "Server Address" (replace "gtaccount" with your GT Account username)
- Click the + button if you want to add this address to the "Favorite Servers" list. Next, click "Connect"
- Enter your GT Account username and GT Active Directory password
- Click "OK"
- A new Finder window should open showing the contents of your Prism home directory
You should also see a new volume with your GT Account username. To disconnect, you can "Eject" this volume like you would a CD.