Note: You should not connect to remote file systems without the permission of the local computer's administrator. Please contact your department's CSR if you need to access your Prism home directory from a Georgia Tech owned computer.
Windows has built-in support for the SMB/CIFS protocol, which can be used to access your Prism home directory. By mounting your home directory, you can interact with files there as though they were on your local computer.
- This service is only available to on-campus computers.
- You must know your GT Active Directory password in order to use this service. You can set or change this password at http://passport.gatech.edu/.
- You should not store any sensitive information in your Prism home directory. If you feel that it is necessary, you should consult your local support personnel first.
To mount your home directory:
- Right-click on My Computer and choose "Map Network Drive…"
- Choose any unused drive letter from the Drive drop-down
\\prism.nas.gatech.edu\gtaccountin the Folder box (replace "gtaccount" with your GT Account username)
- Only check Reconnect at logon if your computer will always be connected to the campus network. If you try to log in and your Prism home directory is unavailable, there will a large delay during logon.
- Check "Connect using different credentials"
- Click Finish
Note: If you have any firewall software installed on your computer, you may experience problems at this point. If you are not able to connect, check your firewall's settings to ensure that this connection is allowed.
- Choose the option "Use another account"
- Enter 'AD\gtaccount' with your GT Account Username instead of gtaccount and GT Active Directory password
- Check "Remember My Credentials" if you wish to bypass this step when attempting to access your Prism directory in the future
- Click "OK".
- A new Windows Explorer window should open showing the contents of your Prism home directory
If you open My Computer, you should see a drive under Network Drives with your GT Account username and the drive letter you selected. To disconnect, you can right-click on the drive and choose "Disconnect".
NOTE: To access your prism drive while off Georgia Tech Network (from remote locations where you are not connected to Georgia Tech network) be sure to connect to VPN to access your prism.