Our GT account resources are reserved for the needs of our current students, faculty, and staff.
Faculty and Staff accounts start to lose services as soon as they finish their time with Georgia Tech. All former employees will maintain access to Techworks up to 2 years after their termination date.
Students who are not enrolled in classes or have graduated from GT, will find that at the END of LATE REGISTRATION for the SECOND consecutive semesters (including Summer terms), if you have NOT registered for classes, certain services will begin to expire on their GT account, such as the LAWN service, Prism, and the Office 365 email service.
However, please remember that you keep your GT alias or Georgia Tech email address (the @gatech.edu address) for life.
If a student wishes to continue to use the internet after this time period, we recommend doing a web search on Atlanta Internet Service Providers.
For Work/Study and Temporary employees, their account starts to lose services as soon as the work assignment ends.
There are a couple of ways to have a GT email address as an alumni. One is through the @gatech.edu aliases that you can configure at Passport. This alias is one that you can use while at GaTech and continue to use after graduation. The other way is through the Alumni Association. The links for these options respectively follows:
AND / OR
- YOU WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO LOG INTO: http://my.gatech.edu email page for your account.
- Also you will no longer have access to the Lawn Wireless Network with this account.
- If you have a deparment email alias, this will be terminated shortly after your position expires. If you would like to have that extended you will need to talk to the department’s IT support professional and or a department representative.
What You Need To Do:
- If GTAD is expiring and you are no longer at Georgia Tech then you can ignore the message.
- If PRISM is expiring and you are no longer at Georgia Tech please backup your files from your prism account. Instructions to do this are located at:
- WINDOWS: http://faq.oit.gatech.edu/content/how-do-i-install-winscp-windows
- MAC: http://faq.oit.gatech.edu/content/how-do-i-install-fugu-mac
- If your My GaTech account is expiring and you are no longer at Georgia Tech please login to http://passport.gatech.edu and setup your @gatech.edu alias and direct it to a real email account (i.e. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.). Your @gatech.edu alias is yours for life and you only need to update it if you change the address it forwards email to.
Next, in order for you to forward your email address, you would need to login to visit the link below: