While the latest version of Cisco's AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client is compatible with Windows 10, the new Edge web browser lacks the plugins required for an automatic web based install. If you have Java installed and are using Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer, you can follow the Windows 7 installation instructions.
Caveat: This will only install the VPN client software, and not the Start Before Logon component which some campus units require. To install the full version of the windows client that includes Start Before Logon, please visit our Sharepoint site which contains many stand-alone installer packages. Once you have the AnyConnect client installed on your machine, future automatic software updates will add the Start Before Logon package if it is missing.
Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client install using Microsoft Edge web browser:
1) Launch the Edge web browser from the Start menu or the taskbar
2) In the destination field, enter https://anyc.vpn.gatech.edu
3) In the "Group:" drop-down menu, click on the arrows to the right and select the "gatech-2fa-Duo", then enter your Username and Password:
4) After successful authentication, you see our login banner:
5) The installer will attempt to detect ActiveX and then Java to perform its auto install. As Edge lacks both of these plugins, the install will fail. Click on the 'Windows Desktop' link to download the client.
6) Run the installer from the Downloads bar:
7) Follow through with the installer's instructions:
8) You may see a User Access Control warning, click Yes to continue install.
9) Click 'Finish' to complete install.
10) Launch the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client from the Start Menu:
11) In the Ready to Connect window, enter anyc.vpn.gatech.edu as the server name and click Connect:
12) Next, the credential pop-up will appear. In the "Group:" drop-down menu, click on the arrows to the right and select the "gatech-2fa-Duo".
Once you have selected gatech-2fa-Duo from the group pulldown, you should have three fields. Username, Password, and Second Password. Enter your GT Username in the Username field and GT password in the Password field. In the Second Password field, please enter one of the following (without the quotes), then click the "OK" button:
- The code generated by the Duo Mobile app. This is the code that you get by hitting the "key" on the upper right side of the app.
"phone", "phone2", "phone3"....... "phoneN".
Note: There is no "phone1" since "phone" and "phone1" both reference the first phone number you entered into the system. The phone number list is directly related to the order in which you setup your various phones in the Duo system. "phone" will call your 1st phone (likely your cell) and "phone2" will call your office or which ever secondary phone number you entered at the time your Duo Account was configured etc.
13) Click Accept on the welcome banner:
14) The AnyConnect icon will be minimized in the system tray in the lower right hand corner:
15) Click on the icon to maximize the AnyConnect application. Click on the Gear icon in the lower left to view details.
16) To disconnect from the VPN, click Disconnect.